The Planning Division is committed to providing the community with personal attention, accurate and detailed information, and timely responses in a manner that instills public trust and confidence while exceeding service expectations.
- Project Review - Review projects for compliance with City zoning codes, work with applicants to obtain any necessary entitlements
- Environmental Review - Review projects in compliance with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA)
- Entitlements - Provide information and assistance in obtaining approvals and entitlements prior to applying for a building permit
- Planning Commission - Support the Planning Commission, which is charged with overseeing the administration of the zoning code
- Maintenance of City Development Codes - Assure that City codes reflect the needs and desires of the community
- Compliance with State and Local Requirements - Maintain the City's General Plan and Zoning Ordinance
The Planning Division reviews all applications for permits, including: