Water Conservation Program
On June 2, 2015 the Hanford City Council adopted Urgency Ordinance 15-06, amending the City of Hanford Municipal Code as it relates to water use subject to the State Water Resources Control Board Emergency Order, which mandates water suppliers enact certain watering restrictions. This ordinance became effective immediately.
Due to the continued drought and the requirements of the Emergency Order, the City of Hanford will continue to strictly enforce all watering restrictions.
ALTERNATE DAY WATERING RESTRICTIONS FOR OUTSIDE WATER USE.
• NO WATERING between 10:00am and 6:00pm on your designated watering day;
• Properties with Even-Numbered Addresses: TUESDAY and SATURDAY only;
• Properties with Odd-Numbered Addresses: WEDNESDAY and SUNDAY only;
• NO WATERING ALLOWED ON MONDAY, THURSDAY, or FRIDAY;
• NO WATERING WITHIN 48 HOURS AFTER MEASUREABLE RAINFALL;
• NO serving of water, other than by request, for any establishment where food and/or drinks are served;
• Hotels and Motels must give guests the option to have towels and linens laundered daily;
• Wash any type of vehicle, boat or trailer; with water supplied by a hose unless the hose is fitted with a shut-off nozzle or device attached to it that causes it to cease dispensing water immediately when not in use or;
• Use water for sidewalk, driveway or walkway washing or cleaning, except as required to address an immediate public health or safety need;
• Allow water to run or waste from property onto non-irrigated areas, private or public walkways, sidewalks, streets or adjoining or adjacent property;
• Operate water fountains or other decorative water fixtures without recirculation pumps;
• Planting of Rye Grass;
• Charity and Community Car Washes;
• Willfully or negligently waste water in any manner.
• First Violation: Written Warning
• Second Violation: Fifty Dollar ($50.00) fine.
• Third Violation: One-Hundred Dollar ($100.00) fine (or water meter installation for non-metered accounts).
• Fourth Violation: Two-Hundred Dollar ($200.00) fine.
• Fifth Violation Flow restriction device installed on the water service.
Water Conservation Tips